Things to do in Mesquite TX
When you think of Texas, Mesquite is one of the lesser-known cities. But it makes up for it by truly bringing to you the very essence of the lone star state. Our company is proud to be relied upon for Mesquite concrete contractor work.
Though you may not think it, there are actually plenty of things to do in this somewhat historical city. From the dare devilish racing to good old-fashioned rodeo to a modernized mall, it has a little bit of everything.
Mesquite will keep you busy for an entire day, that is a given. In fact, there is just so much you would need more than a mere day to get through it all. The beauty in all of it is that there’s something for everyone that it is sure to keep all the family members of all ages content.
It was quite the task, but we narrowed down our list to the top 5 places and events one must attend and partake in to truly experience this beautiful place.
5 Things to do in Mesquite, TX
- Start from the very beginning with Mesquite Arts Center. This unique center is brimming with Texas culture. Depending on the time of year you visit, there’ll be varying activities and performances going on. Be sure to check their website so you know what to expect in this historic building.
- Off to the races with Devil’s Bowl Speedway. Alright, so this is not exactly your typical racing court. What it has going for it is its strange spin on racing. With it’s heart-pounding, non-stop action you’ll be feeling that adrenaline rush very quickly. The events start around the end of summertime so it is a perfect outing for the family and friends in the not so scorching temperatures.
- Experience the true Texas sport – Mesquite Rodeo. When popular faces such as president Reagan and George Bush show up, you get the idea that this is not just another rodeo. And you’d be right! The Mesquite Rodeo is actually the 2nd most popular TV event of its kind! With world-class cowboys (and cowgirls!) taking center stage, you will have the privilege of watching and experiencing the true Texas event. You will also get a taste of Texas as various types of foods are offered!
- Opal Lawrence Historical Park. So this one would only interest history buffs. One thing’s for sure when you visit the place: you definitely feel as if you’ve traveled back in time. It is truly amazing how the city has been able to maintain this precious piece of history to this day. Of course, if you haven’t the slightest clue what this place is all about then you’ll get to learn a bit of history with their interactive guides and informational flyers.
- Fulfill that shopping crave in Town East Mall. You simply cannot go wrong with a good old visit to the mall. With plenty of things to do for everyone, this is definitely one of the safer bets for the entire family.